noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A preparation of retinoic acid, applied to the skin to treat acne and other disorders.More example sentences
- Topical retinoids such as tretinoin or adapalene are effective in many patients with comedonal acne.
- These data suggest that topical tretinoin is a useful agent in the treatment of steroid-induced acne.
- Like tretinoin, adapalene may cause skin irritation and initial exacerbation of acne lesions.
More definitions of tretinoinDefinition of tretinoin in:
- The US English dictionary