Definition of triable in English:
1(Of an offence) liable to a judicial trial.
- Many offences are triable either way.
- The s. 4 offence is triable either way, with a maximum penalty of five years.
- By section 33 of the Act, breach of this duty is punishable as a criminal offence, triable both summarily and on indictment.
1.1(Of a case or issue) able to be investigated and decided judicially.
- Leave was granted for the bringing of this motion by Justice Cullity and it is for me to decide whether or not there is a triable issue such as to get this matter to proceed.
- The question that I have to decide is whether there is a triable issue and whether the facts alleged by the plaintiff are sufficient to justify the case proceeding further.
- The onus of establishing that there is no triable issue is on the moving party, in this case the purchaser.
Definition of triable in:
- US English dictionary