- A statement of all debits and credits in a double-entry account book, with any disagreement indicating an error.More example sentences
- Drill down from the trial balance or any account to view source documents, double entries and allocations in every ledger.
- It facilitated the accuracy of the account books by periodically balancing the books and extracting a trial balance, and it also permitted profit determination.
- In the great bulk of cases a trial balance was patently impossible, as most of the impersonal accounts are not ruled off, and the work abounds in arithmetical slips and other blemishes.
More definitions of trial balanceDefinition of trial balance in:
- The US English dictionary