- 1British A body established to settle certain types of dispute: an industrial tribunal ruled that he was unfairly dismissedMore example sentences
- In the event of a dispute, an employment tribunal will rule on what is reasonable.
- We see the employment and disputes tribunals, which adopt their own rules of evidence.
- The industrial tribunal decided that Lambeth council had breached the Race Relations Act.
- 2A court of justice: an international war crimes tribunalMore example sentences
- It is encouraging that various instruments, including war crimes tribunals and the International Court of Justice, have been put in place to address and redress past wrongs.
- In practice there seems no good reason why the present approach of handling environment-related cases within the existing system of international courts and tribunals should not continue to work.
- Some commentators have also expressed scepticism about the international courts, tribunals and committees which pronounce upon human rights.