noun (plural same)Anatomy
- Any of several muscles having three points of attachment at one end, particularly (also triceps brachii /ˈbreɪkɪʌɪ/) the large muscle at the back of the upper arm: [as modifier]: the full range of triceps movementMore example sentences
- Palpation of the soft tissues begins with the biceps and triceps muscles.
- Then the biceps relaxes and the triceps contracts to straighten the elbow.
- The rotating French press is a terrific triceps toner because it really isolates the triceps muscle.
late 16th century: from Latin, literally 'three-headed', from tri- 'three' + -ceps (from caput 'head').
More definitions of tricepsDefinition of triceps in:
- The US English dictionary