- A disease caused by trichinae, typically from infected meat, characterized by digestive disturbance, fever, and muscular rigidity.
More example sentences
- This disease is typically caused by Trichinella spiralis
- The animals harbor the lice and fleas that spawn serious diseases such as typhus, trichinosis, and infectious jaundice.
- However, the autopsy results of 1976 show that he was suffering from pneumonia, tuberculosis and trichinosis, a deadly combination.
- Lastly, they are valuable for use in medical research on multiple births, organ transplants, birth defects and diseases such as leprosy, typhus and trichinosis.
More definitions of trichinosisDefinition of trichinosis in:
- The US English dictionary