(also trichloracetic acid /-ˌklɔːrəˈsiːtɪk, -ˌklɒr-/)
noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A toxic deliquescent crystalline solid used as a solvent, analgesic, and anaesthetic.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CCl3COOH
- The gel was fixed with a 10% trichloroacetic acid / 10% acetic acid / 50% methanol solution, dried, and exposed to X-ray film.
- Topical treatment with retinoids, podophyllin resin, trichloroacetic acid, or glycolic acid, and surgical removal have been used in some refractory cases.
- If deep, then chemical peeling with higher percentage of glycolic acid or trichloroacetic acid may be needed.
More definitions of trichloroacetic acidDefinition of trichloroacetic acid in:
- The US English dictionary