noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A colourless non-flammable volatile liquid, used as a solvent and cleaner.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: 1,1,1-trichloroethane; chemical formula: CCl3CH3
- Following are some of the compounds listed on product labels: petroleum distillates, mineral spirits, chlorinated solvents, carbon tetrachloride, methylene chloride, trichloroethane, toluene and formaldehyde.
- Other halogenated compounds, such as trichloroacetic acid, trichloroethane, bromoform and iodoacetate, but not trifluoroacetate, will also react with the excited state indole chromophores in a similar reaction.
- Perchloroethylene or 1-1 - 1 trichloroethane solvents (in spot removers and carpet cleaners) can cause liver and kidney damage if ingested.
More definitions of trichloroethaneDefinition of trichloroethane in:
- The US English dictionary