- Any of numerous minute rod-like structures, each containing a protrusible filament, found near the surface of ciliates and dinoflagellates.More example sentences
- These structures do not correspond to trichocysts seen in phase micrographs (data not shown) but connect both horizontally and vertically to other vesicular-like signals.
- Discharged trichocysts remain clustered around the cell surface and can easily be visualized under dark-field light microscopy with a x10 objective.
- After biogenesis, trichocysts migrate to the plasma membrane and are anchored to predetermined sites.
More definitions of trichocystDefinition of trichocyst in:
- The US English dictionary