Definition of tricolour in English:
A flag with three bands or blocks of different colours, especially the French national flag with equal upright bands of blue, white, and red.
- The flag is a tricolor with blue, white, and green fields and a red star on the triangular white field on the left.
- After the semi-final, more than half a million people gathered in the Champs-Elysées, waving French tricolours alongside Algerian and other African flags.
- So, will we see a St Pat's day, minus the green white and orange themed banners and tricolors?
adjective(also tricoloured) Back to top
Having three colours: the gull has a distinctive tricoloured bill
More example sentences
- Laois stumbled under the tricoloured barrage and but for the finish which only familiarity with success breeds, might have weaved better patterns later in the game, with the gap down to just one point and Laois on the rack.
- The unfashionable tricoloured crew earned this win with some commendable determination, and after losing midfield, and only scoring four times from play from the eight forwards.
- Despite the poor show by Offaly hurlers last Sunday in Croke Park, the lure of two games is expected to draw a respectable amount of tricoloured Gaels south.
Definition of tricolour in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.