- A fine knitted fabric made of a natural or man-made fibre: leotards made from the finest nylon tricot [as modifier]: a Joseph tricot miniskirt and topMore example sentences
- The other definition is sheer luxury-gassed yarns, extremely fine gauge tricot, linen and a width of knits woven in patented Benetton new age fabrics.
- We actually sell a 40 denier nylon tricot fabric that we sell the Las Vegas high wire acts for use as a visual fabric.
- To stabilize the fabric stretch prior to hooping, fuse knit tricot interfacing to the fabric wrong side under the embroidery area.
late 18th century: from French, literally 'knitting', from tricoter 'to knit', of unknown origin.
More definitions of tricotDefinition of tricot in:
- The US English dictionary