noun (plural pronunc. same)
- One of a number of women who sat and knitted while attending public executions during the French Revolution: as gleefully as the most ragged and revolutionary tricoteuseMore example sentences
- She also has the musky and morbid sense of someone who is her own tricoteuse, knitting her own legend.
- Very soon after the indictment of Mr. Libby, the tricoteuses glumly conceded that no conspiracy has been uncovered.
- In effect, they are the bulwarks of the tricoteuses.
French, from tricoter 'to knit'.
More definitions of tricoteuseDefinition of tricoteuse in:
- The US English dictionary