- 1A three-pronged spear, especially as an attribute of Poseidon (Neptune) or Britannia.More example sentences
- The yatras have in the past sparked clashes in Ahmedabad as Hindu devotees - armed with swords, tridents and spears - hurled anti-Muslim insults from atop chariots and trucks.
- There are also warriors armed with swords, tridents and other weapons.
- The riders bore broad kite shields for added defence, and struck out with curved scimitars and tridents.
- 2 (Trident) A US design of submarine-launched long-range ballistic missile.More example sentences
- The Ohio class submarine is equipped with the Trident strategic ballistic missile.
- It's a Trident ballistic missile submarine that's home ported in Farmington, Washington.
- For the time being though, anti - capitalist activity in Scotland is focused on the Trident nuclear missile submarines at Faslane.
late Middle English: from Latin trident-, from tri- 'three' + dens, dent- 'tooth'.
More definitions of tridentDefinition of trident in:
- The US English dictionary