noun[mass noun] Medicine
- An antipsychotic and sedative drug related to phenothiazine.More example sentences
- There has only been one trial of an antipsychotic drug, trifluoperazine, for generalised anxiety disorder.
- Haloperidol, chlorpromazine, trifluoperazine, pericycline, prochlorperazine, and fluphenazine are incriminated, but thioridazine may be the worst.
- They were treated with either continuous antipsychotic maintenance therapy or intermittent therapy using either haloperidol, chlorpromazine, trifluoperazine, or fluphenazine.
1950s: from tri- + fluo(rine) + (pi)perazine.
More definitions of trifluoperazineDefinition of trifluoperazine in:
- The US English dictionary