- An ester formed from glycerol and three fatty acid groups. Triglycerides are the main constituents of natural fats and oils.More example sentences
- Human sebaceous glands secrete a lipid mixture of mainly triglycerides, wax esters, free fatty acids, and squalene.
- Fatty acids are translated to energy by the lipases, the enzymes that break triglycerides into three fatty acids and a glycerol molecule.
- The digestion of triglycerides to fatty acids also produces these ions.
More definitions of triglycerideDefinition of triglyceride in:
- The US English dictionary