- A triangular region or tissue, particularly the area at the base of the urinary bladder, between the openings of the ureters and urethra.More example sentences
- Intraventricular meningiomas are rare but typically occur around the choroid plexus in the trigone of the lateral ventricles.
- It can appear as a solid infiltrative lesion or as a polypoid intraluminal mass that arises in the base of the bladder or in the region of the bladder trigone.
- Because the urethra and trigone are estrogen-dependent tissues, estrogen deficiency can contribute to urinary incontinence and urinary dysfunction.
mid 19th century: from French, from Latin trigonum 'triangle'.
More definitions of trigoneDefinition of trigone in:
- The US English dictionary