A fossil marine arthropod that occurred abundantly during the Palaeozoic era, with a carapace over the forepart, and a segmented hind part divided longitudinally into three lobes.
- Subphylum Trilobita, phylum Arthropoda: numerous classes and orders
More example sentences
- These fossils include graptolites, trilobites, and various types of microfossils visible only under the microscope.
- Clearly visible within the imprint were the remains of trilobites, extinct marine arthropods.
- But in fact, there are very distinct patterns found in the fossil record of trilobites.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin Trilobites, from Greek tri- 'three' + lobos 'lobe'.
More definitions of trilobiteDefinition of trilobite in:
- The US English dictionary