(also trimming tab)
- 1 Aeronautics An adjustable tab or aerofoil attached to a control surface, used to trim an aircraft in flight.More example sentences
- Such things as the wing tips, ailerons, trimming tabs, elevator, seats, berths and landing gear may be exchanged between one plane and another.
- Eva Air landed in Los Angeles in one piece, with rudder, elevator, fuselage, trim tabs and ailerons intact.
- The first review of the site on 13 September 1990, brought to light the impact crater and small pieces of metal including an aileron trim tab still painted olive and grey, and parts of the Pratt & Whitney engine.
- 2 Nautical An adjustable flap fitted to the trailing edge of a rudder or keel, used to adjust steering, or fitted horizontally as one of a pair on the stern and used to trim a boat at speed.More example sentences
- Standard equipment includes hydraulic steering and trim tabs and the 320 responds quickly.
- Installing trim tabs on a planing hull can also improve fuel consumption, he said.
- For example, the VHF radio, engine sync and trim tabs are optional but the blender, six-disk changer and cooler are standard!
More definitions of trim tabDefinition of trim tab in:
- The US English dictionary