- An oxide containing three atoms of oxygen in its molecule or empirical formula.More example sentences
- Sulfur is converted to sulfur dioxide and sulfur trioxide, and nitrogen compounds are converted to nitrogen oxides.
- The chemical toxicity of inhaled uranium trioxide (uranyl oxide) gas vapor fumes is much worse - about a million times worse - than the radiation from inhalation of any of the other oxides.
- Unstable nitrogen oxides, which we did not measure, including peroxynitrite, nitrogen dioxide, and dinitrogen trioxide, are important mediators of oxidation and nitration reactions in vivo.
More definitions of trioxideDefinition of trioxide in:
- The US English dictionary