- A hybrid cereal produced by crossing wheat and rye, grown as a fodder crop.More example sentences
- The team looked at crops such as corn, peas, proso millet, safflower, sunflower, triticale, and winter wheat, with some crops grown for grain and some for forage.
- It's a mix of tastes and textures - flakes, twigs, and granola - made from whole oats, brown rice, rye, red winter wheat, triticale, buckwheat, barley, and sesame seeds.
- The physical position of transgenes has been detected by fluorescent in situ hybridization in cereals such as barley, wheat, triticale, and oat.
1950s: modern Latin, from a blend of the genus names Triticum 'wheat' and Secale 'rye'.
More definitions of triticaleDefinition of triticale in:
- The US English dictionary