Definition of triumphal in English:
Made, carried out, or used in celebration of a great victory or achievement: a vast triumphal arch a triumphal procession
More example sentences
- Rome also had numerous triumphal arches constructed throughout the city to celebrate military victories.
- In August, Philip visited Poitiers in a triumphal procession.
- I was always revolted by that triumphal sense of an achieved empire - to me it was appalling.
- Example sentences
- The stage directions for scene 4 make reference to ‘the Campus Martius triumphally adorned with a throne and a magnificent bridge over the Tiber ‘and a ‘street that leads to Rome, with the remains of ruined buildings.’
- Media hype has again had some Christians ‘rattled’ and some evolutionists crowing triumphally.
- He's going to ride triumphally into Jerusalem.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia