Made, carried out, or used in celebration of a great victory or achievement: a vast triumphal arch a triumphal procession
More example sentences
- Rome also had numerous triumphal arches constructed throughout the city to celebrate military victories.
- In August, Philip visited Poitiers in a triumphal procession.
- I was always revolted by that triumphal sense of an achieved empire - to me it was appalling.
- Example sentences
- The stage directions for scene 4 make reference to ‘the Campus Martius triumphally adorned with a throne and a magnificent bridge over the Tiber ‘and a ‘street that leads to Rome, with the remains of ruined buildings.’
- Media hype has again had some Christians ‘rattled’ and some evolutionists crowing triumphally.
- He's going to ride triumphally into Jerusalem.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: tri|umph¦al
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.