Definition of triumphalism in English:
Excessive exultation over one’s success or achievements (used especially in a political context): an air of triumphalism reigns in his administration
More example sentences
- I don't think the public has yet forgiven the press for that episode of arrogance and premature triumphalism.
- How could such euphoria and triumphalism end only two years later in the political cul-de-sac of voter apathy?
- The songs and the chants are an end in themselves, triumphalism for people who experience precious few real triumphs.
triumphalist adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- The triumphalists have given very little thought to these issues.
- The triumphalists hadn't predicted it either, let alone noticed the hollow centre of this great victory, but that is beside the point.
- No matter what the triumphalists say, there's no money in blogging and probably never will be for most people.
Definition of triumphalism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan