- Excessive exultation over one’s success or achievements (used especially in a political context): an air of triumphalism reigns in his administrationMore example sentences
- I don't think the public has yet forgiven the press for that episode of arrogance and premature triumphalism.
- How could such euphoria and triumphalism end only two years later in the political cul-de-sac of voter apathy?
- The songs and the chants are an end in themselves, triumphalism for people who experience precious few real triumphs.
- More example sentences
- The triumphalists have given very little thought to these issues.
- The triumphalists hadn't predicted it either, let alone noticed the hollow centre of this great victory, but that is beside the point.
- No matter what the triumphalists say, there's no money in blogging and probably never will be for most people.
More definitions of triumphalismDefinition of triumphalism in:
- The US English dictionary