Definition of triune in English:
Consisting of three in one (used especially with reference to the Trinity): the triune Godhead
More example sentences
- As we shall see, each inflection of the triune name identifies all three persons of the Trinity.
- Conversely, when Christians read the Scriptures in a way that permits the theological inflection of the triune name to drop out of consideration or awareness, the identity of the divine persons is illuminated in a one-sided way.
- The christological inflection of the triune name is the familiar formula ‘the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.’
- Example sentences
- This suggests that the centrality of God's triunity goes beyond the doctrine of God.
- Not only is the plurality of God found in the Old Testament, but the members of the triunity are also defined.
- God is not an isolated, motionless ‘being’ - he is not a static unity, but a dynamic triunity.
Pronunciation: /trʌɪˈjuːnɪti/noun (plural triunities)
Words that rhyme with triunetribune • opportune
Definition of triune in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.