noun (plural trivialities)[mass noun]
- 1Lack of seriousness or importance; insignificance: the mediocrity and triviality of current popular culture the relentlessness of his triviality is gratingMore example sentences
unimportance, insignificance, frivolousness, inconsequence, inconsequentiality, pettiness, slightness, paltriness, negligibility; meaninglessness, pointlessness, worthlessness, flimsiness, insubstantialitytrifle, non-essential, inessential, nothing; technicality, incidental; (trivialities) trivia, minutiae• informal deets
- No, no, no; you'd never find me wasting my time on such fruitless triviality.
- We can laugh at, or bemoan, the triviality of the media.
- The matter of the United Kingdom being engaged in a war which few of us condone far transcends the triviality of local affairs.
- 1.1 [count noun] An insignificant detail; a trifle: an over-concentration on trivialitiesMore example sentences
- I have often been accused of thinking too much, of over-analyzing trivialities.
- I do not wish to waste the House's time on such trivialities.
- Wipe out pettiness, irritations, illusions, trivialities.