- A surgical instrument with a three-sided cutting point enclosed in a tube, used for withdrawing fluid from a body cavity.More example sentences
- Morbid obesity also may be a contraindication due to the limited length of the trocars and laparoscopic instruments.
- The surgeon makes the port incisions on the left chest and inserts the camera and surgical trocars.
- When the pressure on the patient side is higher than at the insufflator connecting point, body fluid or gas is allowed to flow up the trocar cannula through the insufflation tubing and into the insufflator.
early 18th century: from French trocart, trois-quarts, from trois 'three' + carre 'side, face of an instrument'.
More definitions of trocarDefinition of trocar in:
- The US English dictionary