- A bus powered by electricity obtained from overhead wires by means of a pole.More example sentences
- At their peak 20,000 trolleybuses, which run on wheels and are powered by overhead electric cables, were in operation in the UK.
- They are believers in integrated transport links using trains, buses, trolleybuses and trams to increase passenger usage.
- It would not be restricted to travelling under wires, so could follow diversions and overtake other trolleybuses.
More definitions of trolleybusDefinition of trolleybus in:
- The US English dictionary