noun (plural same)
- A plant of a genus that comprises the globeflowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Trollius, family Ranunculaceae
- My trollius is planted on the North side of the house, practically right under a rain gutter downspout.
- I have NEVER seen trollius of any kind for sale at the many garden centers and nurseries I visit.
- I was reading about Trollius in a garden magazine and it said this plant will take over the garden.
modern Latin, apparently representing German Trollblume 'globeflower', from the stem of trollen 'to roll' (because of the globular flowers).