- A grey mineral which occurs as an evaporite in salt deposits and consists of a hydrated carbonate and bicarbonate of sodium.More example sentences
- Most of the sodium carbonate used in North America comes from large deposits of the mineral trona, a sodium carbonate/bicarbonate found in Wyoming.
- There is a zone nearly half of which consists of granular aggregates of trona and natron with numerous inclusions of pale pink prismatic crystals of shomiokite- reaching 15 cm long and 8 cm in diameter.
- In alkaline lakes, natron and trona are found in the United States, Africa, and South America.
late 18th century: from Swedish, from Arabic naṭrūn (see natron).
More definitions of tronaDefinition of trona in:
- The US English dictionary