nounZoology & Medicine
- A growing stage in the life cycle of some sporozoan parasites, when they are absorbing nutrients from the host.More example sentences
- Ingested cysts hatch into trophozoites in the small intestine and continue moving down the digestive tract to the colon.
- To measure parasite burden of winners and losers, we assessed the number of eugregarine trophozoites in a male's mid-gut by removing the entire gut carefully and making light microscope thin-section preparations.
- Exposure to bile is the primary stimulus for encystation, where trophozoites transform into cysts that pass out with the feces.
More definitions of trophozoiteDefinition of trophozoite in:
- The US English dictionary