- 1A pig’s foot used as food: brawn would be made from the trotters and the ears he lay down the half-eaten trotterMore example sentences
- People who have eaten pork trotters or any other collagen-rich cut of meat may have noticed an enhanced shininess to their hair, stronger nails, or less achy joints.
- I suspect it is also the only place in London where you can order a plate of crisp-fried crubeens for your dinner (crubeens are pig's trotters that have been first cooked in stock).
- They are followed by five meat dishes with pork, pig's trotter, veal and NZ rack of lamb done in different ways.
- 1.1 • humorous A human foot: dainty little trottersMore example sentences
- Well, no doubt she would be racing back to the village as fast as her little trotters could carry her, in order to spread the word about Francesca's scandalous blue dress and her coughing ghost of a husband.
- He will not get up on his hind trotters and explain this appalling legislation.
- You might not think it to see my trotters in trainers, but I would dearly love to be able to get away with impractical heels.
- 2A horse bred or trained for the sport of trotting.More example sentences
- Interestingly, his first love was Standardbred trotters and he painted a number of prominent winners, such as Meadow Skipper and Neville Pride.
- The trotter had completed a four-mile jog at the Park when he got loose and escaped from the stable area, his trainer told the Associated Press.
- Pacing is faster than trotting, which is why pacers and trotters run separately in harness racing
More definitions of trotterDefinition of trotter in:
- The US English dictionary