- A swimming stroke like the crawl with a scissors movement of the legs.More example sentences
- Freestyle in those days was the trudgen, an alternating overarm stroke with a scissors kick.
- The efficiency of the evolving speed strokes - overarm sidestroke, trudgen and, later, the crawl stroke-could now be tested more accurately and scientifically.
- John Trudgen developed the hand-over-hand stroke, then named the trudgen.
late 19th century: named after John Trudgen (1852–1902), English swimmer.
More definitions of trudgenDefinition of trudgen in:
- The US English dictionary