The shell of a large marine mollusc which can be blown to produce a loud note.
- Several species in the class Gastropoda, in particular the triton (Charonia tritonis, family Cymatiidae)
More example sentences
- One fun thing is that if you carefully hold this trumpet shell next to your ear, you can hear the ocean!
- Perhaps, however, it is more diverting to pick up some unique shells and trumpet shells along the beautiful beaches of Sanya by yourself.
- Outside on the reef are numerous lava formations sheltering critters such as cleaner wrasse, conger eels, tritons, trumpet shells and schooling squirrelfish.
More definitions of trumpet shellDefinition of trumpet shell in:
- The US English dictionary