The shell of a large marine mollusc which can be blown to produce a loud note.
- Several species in the class Gastropoda, in particular the triton (Charonia tritonis, family Cymatiidae)
More example sentences
- One fun thing is that if you carefully hold this trumpet shell next to your ear, you can hear the ocean!
- Perhaps, however, it is more diverting to pick up some unique shells and trumpet shells along the beautiful beaches of Sanya by yourself.
- Outside on the reef are numerous lava formations sheltering critters such as cleaner wrasse, conger eels, tritons, trumpet shells and schooling squirrelfish.
Definition of trumpet shell in:
- The US English dictionary