noun• dated , chiefly British
- A long-distance telephone call made within the same country.More example sentences
- In those days you used to make a trunk call and sometimes we used to have to wait an hour for a line to be connected all the way down from Scotland.
- ‘If she doesn't come back, perhaps she would write again or at least make a trunk call,’ added Linda.
- There's no need these days to sit beside a telephone ‘waiting for a call’, or twiddle your thumbs waiting for a ‘trunk call’ to get through.
More definitions of trunk callDefinition of trunk call in:
- The US English dictionary