- Men’s shorts, worn especially for swimming or boxing: bathing trunksMore example sentences
- Talented fashion all-rounders are bathing trunks and shorts in quick-dry fabrics offered with colour co-ordinated shirts to complete beach outfits.
- Swimwear included ultra minimal sexy trunks with zipped fronts for men and 50s bathing suits with flared skirts for women.
- Cinnamon continued onto the pool deck just as George exited from his changing room in his swimsuit, dark blue trunks with a patriotic splash of red and white.
late 19th century (originally US): from an earlier theatrical use denoting short breeches of thin material worn over tights.
More definitions of trunksDefinition of trunks in:
- The US English dictionary