Definition of truth table in English:
1 Logic A diagram in rows and columns showing how the truth or falsity of a proposition varies with that of its components.
- The statement ‘I am wet’ can be either true or false, and this accounts for the last two columns in the truth table.
- The fourth column can be read off from the truth table for disjunction.
- A well-known example of an effective method is the truth table test for tautologousness.
1.1 Electronics A diagram of the outputs from all possible combinations of input.
- The current activation/deactivation state of the array is then converted, advantageously via truth table logic, into a digital signal representative of the current position of the marker.
- A truth table shows how a logic circuit's output responds to various combinations of the inputs, using logic 1 for true and logic 0 for false.
- The logic gate truth table or truth tables used for electronic logic gates circuits including the AND, NAND, OR, NOR and exclusive OR circuits.
Definition of truth table in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.