noun[mass noun] • informal
- The quality of seeming or being felt to be true, even if not necessarily true.More example sentences
- Basically, we're looking at a case of representativeness - by analogy with truthiness - versus representation.
- The buzzword of the decade is Stephen Colbert's " truthiness ".
- Yet the insights of science are often counterintuitive, frequently lacking "truthiness."
early 19th century (in the sense 'truthfulness'): coined in the modern sense by the US humorist Stephen Colbert.
More definitions of truthinessDefinition of truthiness in:
- The US English dictionary