- A test of the potential of someone or something, especially in the context of entertainment or sport: the actress had been given her role only as a try-out [as modifier]: I do try-out gigs in pubsMore example sentences
- ‘We should do this for the sound check as a try-out,’ said Astor.
- One of my most memorable experiences was a first try-out of Thai cooking.
- The try-outs are part of a concerted effort by World Wrestling Entertainment to reward their fans in the north west, who have been among the most fervent supporters of the company in the UK.
More definitions of try-outDefinition of try-out in:
- The US English dictionary