noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Any tropical disease caused by trypanosomes and typically transmitted by biting insects, especially sleeping sickness and Chagas' disease.More example sentences
- The relentless spread of disease in central Africa contrasts with the remarkable recent success of control programmes in South American trypanosomiasis (Chagas' disease).
- In terms of public health and economic impact, American trypanosomiasis (Chagas' disease) is the most important parasitic infection in Latin America.
- Human African trypanosomiasis or sleeping sickness is one of the most important but equally most neglected tropical infections.
More definitions of trypanosomiasisDefinition of trypanosomiasis in:
- The US English dictionary