noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- An inactive substance secreted by the pancreas, from which the digestive enzyme trypsin is formed in the duodenum.More example sentences
- Examples of important proenzymes include pepsinogen, trypsinogen and chymotrypsinogen, which give rise to the proteolytic digestive enzymes.
- Trypsin also activates trypsinogen as well as all the other proenzymes in the pancreatic secretion, producing the active proteases and peptidases that hydrolyze dietary polypeptides.
- Mesotrypsinogen comprises a minor portion of the total trypsinogen protein in the pancreas.
More definitions of trypsinogenDefinition of trypsinogen in:
- The US English dictionary