noun (plural tsukemonos)
- A Japanese side dish of pickled vegetables, usually served with rice.More example sentences
- Thirty thousand shoppers come here weekly in search of everything from green tea and tsukemono (pickled vegetables) to paper lanterns.
- Indeed, there are scores of different kinds of tsukemono and tsukudani served in Japanese restaurants and homes.
- And so, from the seventh to the nineteenth centuries, tsukemono were truly an essential part of the Japanese diet.
Japanese, from tsukeru 'pickle' + mono 'thing'.
More definitions of tsukemonoDefinition of tsukemono in:
- The US English dictionary