- Used to represent the cry of the tawny owl.More example sentences
- The call of the Tawny Owl is the tu-whit tu-whoo immortalised by William Shakespeare.
- Famously, the call tu-whit tu-whoo was immortalised by William Shakespeare in Act 5, Scene 2 of Love's Labour's Lost.
- In English we have the word ‘owl’ and most of us know that an owl is one of those birds that flies about at night going tu-whit tu-whoo.
late 16th century: imitative.
More definitions of tu-whit tu-whooDefinition of tu-whit tu-whoo in:
- The US English dictionary