An Old World bat with tubular nostrils:
- ● A fruit bat found chiefly in New Guinea and Sulawesi (genus Nyctimene, family Pteropodidae). ● An insectivorous Asian bat (genus Murina, family Vespertilionidae).
More example sentences
- We have all 4 species of Australian flying foxes in permanent care, as well as tube-nosed bats and microbats.
- At night tube-nosed bats feed on soft fruits and nectar, while either hovering in front of the blossoms or climbing among flower clusters.
- The tube-nosed bats have laterally directed, tube-like nostrils, of uncertain function
Definition of tube-nosed bat in:
- The US English dictionary