noun (plural tuber cinereums)Anatomy
- The part of the hypothalamus to which the pituitary gland is attached.More example sentences
- The neurohypophysis proper comprises the median eminence of the tuber cinereum, the infundibulum, the pituitary stalk, and the posterior or neural lobe of the pituitary gland.
- Each optic tract can be traced backwards and laterally, its initial segment passing between the anterior perforated substance laterally and the tuber cinereum and mamillary body medially.
- They are located in the region between the mamillary bodies and the tuber cinereum of the hypothalamus.
Latin cinereum, neuter of cinereus 'ash-coloured'.
More definitions of tuber cinereumDefinition of tuber cinereum in:
- The US English dictionary