Definition of tuberculoid in English:
1Resembling tuberculosis or its symptoms.
- There are many other conditions that are characterized histologically by a tuberculoid type of tissue reaction.
- In experimental studies, it has been observed that vaccination does not prevent infection but modifies the course of the disease and the pathology towards tuberculoid and regressive forms containing few bacteria.
1.1Relating to or denoting the milder of the two principal forms of leprosy, marked by few, well-defined lesions similar to those of tuberculosis, often with loss of feeling in the affected areas. Compare with lepromatous.
- The differential diagnoses in this case are tuberculoid leprosy and rhinophyma.
- Borderline leprosy shows an intermediate appearance between the tuberculoid and lepromatous types.
- A typical treatment course for Hansen's disease involves multiple drug therapy with dapsone and rifampin for three to five years in patients with tuberculoid leprosy, and for life in patients with lepromatous leprosy.
Definition of tuberculoid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia