- An orchestral instrument consisting of a row of vertically suspended metal tubes struck with a mallet.More example sentences
- In the orchestra, I am thinking of using a certain number of brass and also metallic percussion: tubular bells, gongs, tam-tam, etc.
- Lashing whips, hollow gunshots, meaningless choruses, whistling, echoing pipes, tubular bells and stylophones are all tipped into the collage.
- Other instruments used were mainly percussion - tubular bells, tam tams, and three Tibetan drums.
More definitions of tubular bellsDefinition of tubular bells in:
- The US English dictionary