- A clubrush that is abundant in marshy areas of California.
More example sentences
- Scirpus acutus and S. validus, family Cyperaceae
- Digging deeper, he would have found long-dormant seeds of marsh sedges and the sleeping rhizomes of tules and cattails.
- By late summer, it has dried almost entirely - nothing but weary, bent tules and polygonal cracks in sunbaked mud.
- Egrets, terns, mallards, pelicans, eagles, tundra swans, and herons browsed amid thickets of 10-foot-tall bulrushes known as tule (too-lee).
mid 19th century: via Spanish from Nahuatl tullin.
More definitions of tuleDefinition of tule in:
- The US English dictionary