noun (plural same or tullibees)
A lake cisco (fish) of a deep-bodied race living in the Great Lakes of Canada.
- Coregonus artedii tullibee, family Salmonidae
More example sentences
- Water quality is relatively good and this is demonstrated by the presence of a tullibee population, a cold-water fish species.
- Lake whitefish and tullibees are important cold water species.
- The tullibees will move up into this vegetation, and the pike and walleyes follow them in for a feast.
late 18th century: from Canadian French toulibi, ultimately from Ojibwa.
Definition of tullibee in:
- The US English dictionary