- A machine that dries washed clothes by spinning them in hot air inside a rotating drum.More example sentences
- Heating is by electric storage units and each house has a washing machine, a tumble dryer and a microwave.
- You have to put all your clothes into an electricity-eating tumble drier instead of letting them dry naturally in the fresh air.
- It seems the filter fell off the back of the tumble dryer's drum.
- More example sentences
- Almost all of Sweeney's work, including the velvets, can be machine-washed and tumble-dried because, as he says, you have to be practical.
- I thought they were a bit tight when I put them on, but then they always are after I've washed and tumble-dried them.
- So there is no spinning or weaving, and is machine-washable and you can tumble-dry it.
More definitions of tumble dryerDefinition of tumble dryer in:
- The US English dictionary