Definition of tumefy in English:
verb (tumefies, tumefying, tumefied)[no object]
Become swollen: (as adjective tumefied) the tumefied face, the swollen and blackened eyes and lips
More example sentences
- Her abdomen was swollen, her six breasts had tumefied and turned pink, poking through her fur, sometimes leaking droplets of milk.
- The vacuum cup creates suction causing the surface tissue to tumefy or bulge into the cup.
- The cup is drained of air and applied to specific areas of the body causing the skin to tumefy, or swell.
- Example sentences
- For 2 years, this tumefaction slowly enlarged.
- Doctors look for skin disease, serious disability, anthropathy, lymph problems, struma tumefaction and icterus.
- Examination revealed a tumefaction, draining a whitish secretion from the scar of the biopsy.
Late 16th century (earlier ( Middle English) as tumefaction): from French tuméfier, from Latin tumefacere, from tumere 'to swell'.
Words that rhyme with tumefyhumify
Definition of tumefy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.