Capable of forming or tending to form tumours.
- A tumorigenic ovarian cancer cell line failed to form tumours in athymic mice.
- This signifies that multiple somatic genetic events are essential for tumorigenic conversion of mesothelial cells.
- This process is thought to stimulate tumorigenic growth and to allow the intraductal proliferations to progress to carcinoma.
- Example sentences
- Animal trials confirmed the suppression of tumorigenicity of cancer cells by ex vivo delivery.
- The chemical has been shown to increase the tumorigenicity of cancer cells in rodent models.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: tumori|gen¦ic
Definition of tumorigenic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.